With so many riders jumping to new steeds this year so many unknowns make it hard to predict anything. Notably, Maverick Vinales continues to impress on his new Yamaha in off season testing landing him at the top of the recent test at Valencia. As a side note, anyone else get the “I-dont-want-to-be-here” vibe from him? This unfortunately gives the man the personality of wet bread. Luckily this sport is based on the riders skill and not this ability to entertain us with his personality.
Andrea Iannone is another rider that has been very impressive. Given the limited time he’s had to acquaint himself onto his new ride, he looks extremely comfortable on it. Take a look at this epic slide! So far Iannone is the one I am most excited to watch this upcoming season!
Jorge Lorenzo is really playing up this bad guy role and continues to do so with his livery at the Valencia test. I love the Darth Vader, Kylo Ren Sith feeling I get when looking at his pics. Perhaps he’ll win over some fans who haven’t been big on his risk-averse attitude in the past year. Let’s see if he suffers less on the Ducati while in the wet and has left those poor performances behind him. You who have read my thoughts on Lorenzo know I’m not a huge fan of him. Nonetheless I love competition and if anyone has the ability to bring it, this Spaniard certainly has it in spades! Come on Lorezno, more Darth Vader less whiny Kylo Ren!
These are just our prelim thoughts. Stay tuned for more!
2017 MotoGP Schedule
- Mar 26 Grand Prix of Qatar
- Apr 09 Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina
- Apr 23 Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas
- May 07 Gran Premio Red Bull de España – Circuito de Jerez
- May 21 HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France – Le Mans
- Jun 04 Gran Premio d’Italia – Autodromo del Mugello
- Jun 11 Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Jun 25 Motul TT Assen
- Jul 02 GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland – Sachsenring
- Aug 06 Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky – Automotodrom Brno
- Aug 13 NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich – Austria
- Aug 27 Octo British Grand Prix – Silverstone
- Sep 10 Gran Premio di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini – Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncell
- Sep 24 Gran Premio Movistar de Aragón
- Oct 15 Motul Grand Prix of Japan – Twin Ring Motegi
- Oct 22 Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix – Phillip Island
- Oct 29 Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix – Sepang International Circuit
- Nov 12 Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana